This is to inform the public especially interested candidates that the Generation Google Scholarship for the postgraduate and undergraduate form is out, and we will be highlighting the steps to apply and the requirements for the scholarship.
Read also, Guinness undergraduate scholarship
Who can Eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-21 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. program at an accredited university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Candidates who will be offered the scholarship will receive $10,000 for those studying in the US while candidates studying in Canada will receive 5,000 CDA for their 2021-2022 year.
How to apply for the Generation Google Scholarship
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. bachelor students compared to other Bachelors students).
Enure that before you start the application that your have the following docu,emts ready.
- A PDF copy of your resume
- A PDF copy of your current transcript (unofficial is still accepted)
- A PDF copy of your short answer responses.
Click here to see more details on how to apply
Application Deadline Generation Google Scholarship
Interested candidates are expected to register early as the deadline for registration is on the 4th of December 2020.