Before you can enroll into National Open university if Nigeria, there are some vital information you must possess, that’s why you must know NOUN admission Requirements for that particular Course you are applying for. This is because each Course has different Admission Requirements depending on the faculty that program belongs to, for Instance NOUN admission requirements for B.Nsc Nursing is different from Admission requirements of someone offering B.Sc. Public Administration
Because you do not need to sit for JAMB or Post UME before you can get admission in NOUN, it does not mean there is no minimum requirement to gain admission
In any Case We got you covered, Here at Ogastudy we take time to gather all the latest Changes and information relating to NOUN admission Requirements, how to apply for NOUN Admission and NOUN School fees,
We also have Resources and list of all the Courses and Programs School Fees, Registerable Courses, NOUN Past questions Download, E-exam CBT and Past TMA downloads
You Must have a minimum of 5 Credits including English and Mathematics. Take note that Maths and English are very compulsory for all the courses. However, outside passing English and mathematics, there are other courses that require more than just English and mathematics.
NOUN Admission Requirements for Undergraduates 100 level
- Minimum of Credit (C6) in English and math’s
- 3 Credit Passes (C6 and Above) in other Subjects
- Maximum of Two Sitting and result Combination (WAEC, NECO, NATEB, A Level)
The General Admission Requirements of 100 level programs include
At least 5 credits in your SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects related to your anticipated field of study. The five (5) credits include Credits in Mathematics, English and 3 other Subjects (which depends on your faculty).
NOUN Admission Requirements for Direct Entry Students (200 level)
To Qualify for direct entry into National Open University of Nigeria, in any selected program, you must meet the following criteria
- At least 5 Credit passes in your O level i.e. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/GCE or its equivalent in not more than two (2) siting with
- An Upper Credit from your ND – National Diploma from any Nigerian recognized polytechnic or a National Certificate in Education (NCE) from any of the accredited colleges of Educations in Nigeria with Subject passes in (Minimum of one merit & two passes) proposed field of study
- Open University also Accepts (IJAMB) Interim Joint Matriculation Board with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-required number of ‘O’ Level five (5) credit passes in English, Mathematics & 3 subjects relevant to the proposed program
NOUN Admission Requirements for Post Graduate Students (PGD) 700 level
All Post Graduates Students aspiring to further their education at NOUN must meet the General NOUN Admission requirements for Undergraduate in relation to their subject passes in O level Subjects and with the following:
- Minimum of a 1.5 CGPA (Third class honors) from any Senate Approved university in Nigeria or Abroad
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Letter
- A higher national diploma with a minimum of Lower credit in the propose field of study
- Other Relevant Certificates and licenses especially in Faculty of Health Sciences
NOUN Admission Requirements for Masters, M.Sc. Students (800 level)
The NOUN admission requirements for M.Sc. or masters Students is very simple because its assumed that you must have gone through the university or polytechnic before you can apply for M.Sc. or MBA, therefore your O level must be intact, here is the Admission Requirements for Masters, M.Sc. Students:
- (5) Credit passes in your WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/GCE/A LEVE/ including English and math and 3 subjects relevant to your proposed course of study
- A related First-Degree program to the proposed field (Faculty) with a Minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) or Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study
- A pass in a PGD program relevant to the propose course of Study
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption letter
NOUN Admission Requirements for Doctorate Degree Programs (Ph.D.)
The former Present, Olusegun Obasanjo Was the first NOUN Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) Holder, if you wished to acquire your own Ph.D. certificate from NOUN here is the Admission Requirements before you can Apply
Candidates who are going for the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, should note, that the school senate has made it mandatory, that all applicants Must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University which is recognised by the Senate of the NOUN.
- Take note, that you must posses this Master degree with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Aspiring candidates who are going for the Ph. D Programmes in NOUN, should take note, that they will be invited for an interactive session with the School of Postgraduate Studies before an offer of admission is made to them.
- Transcripts of their
A) Also forward three (3) referees report, and two of these referees must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work.
- The above required items should be forwarded to the Dean of the School from which admission is requested.
Other NOUN Admission requirements Obtained during your Online Admission Process
- Your Biodata
- Your RRR CODE & Printout
- Your Application forms
- Your Admission Letter
- 4 Passport Photograph
- O’level Results
- Transcripts of their academic records (for PGD, M.Sc. Masters & Ph.D)
- First degree & NYSC Discharge Certificate (if Applicable for Masters, M.Sc. Students)
- Birth Certificate, Declaration of Age or Court Affidavits
- State of Origin letter or Identification Letter
After Getting this listed NOUN Admission Requirements, you can click here to Proceed on how to Apply for your NOUN Admission Online and printout Admission Letter
If you Need to Find out about NOUN School fees according to the Program of your choice you can click here
List of NOUN Degree Programs ( Continue)
How to re-print your NOUN Admission letter
How to Reprint your NOUN Application form
How to reprint Your NOUN Remita (RRR) Slip
NOUN Registrable Courses according to Programs
IS NOUN a Part Time University?
This is the first question some Novice or anyone will ask because the idea behind NOUN was to make the learning a flexible experience
National Open University of Nigeria is an ODL system, This means its an Open Distance Learning system, Just ike you do hear ” work at home”